They need both of us
The other night Kev and I were laying in bed talking and watching video clips for his next Sluffin' it Outdoors episode, when Emmy calls. She called her Dad to talk to him about her Relief Society lesson she was preparing and some other gospel questions she wanted to run by him.
I thought it was pretty cool that she called her Dad.
She actually calls her Dad quite a bit. She calls me too but she comes to me for certain things and she goes to her Dad for other things. All of our kids do this. When the little girls want to play or snuggle they go to their Dad (although Lilly always asks me to rock her before she goes to bed). When they want food or get hurt they come find me. When Estabon has girl issues he talks to me. Jackson used to do the same thing before his mission. Kev and I both feel like the most important thing you can give your kids is your time and attention. It's not enough just to be with them, we need to be talking to them and listening to them. Communicating with our kids about real life stuff is one of the greatest blessings of being a parent and I hope we can do the same thing with our grandkids.


