Flaming Gorge - Day 1
We were up early to get the car and boat loaded. We had A LOT of stuff to load. We filled the boat with food, fishing supplies (you have no idea how much fishing stuff the husband has), bedding, more food (you have no idea how much food it takes to feed the 10 of us), and more camping supplies. We packed the top of the car with clothes and the inside of the car with people.
With Jax back, the Sluffin' it Outdoors episodes can resume. He invited Aubrey to be his co-host. She was a natural.
Here's a fun fact: One of the first things Aubrey did when she got home from her mission was watch Sluffin' it Outdoors episodes on YouTube. She told me, "I just wanted to hear and see Jackson". That's true love right there.
The night before the trip I gave everyone an itinerary.
I thought we were clear about the 7:30 wake up time, but somehow Jax and Aubrey misunderstood and slept in until 8:30, resulting in them both being put on vacation probation.
Aubrey spent half of the car trip holding the Papa Murphy's pizzas that no one else wanted to hold, so she was taken off probation.
We arrived at Flaming Gorge around 1 or 2, bought Wyoming fishing licenses, had a short orientation for our floating tent we'd be staying in and then we were off. We found a secluded spot to park the tent, close to the day fishing and the night fishing.
Uncle Stevie likes to fish almost as much as the husband so he drove up for a night and day of fishing.
I really have no good night fishing photos but we caught several fish on Janie's Spidy pole and Lilly's Mickey pole. The girls insist on naming their fish. I know we caught a Russell, and Janie caught a Tracy, and she was very clear about it being a girl fish, not a boy fish.
I have a love hate relationship with night fishing.
It's really fun.
Kevin drops a green light down into the water and the fish are drawn to it.
We fish until 10 or 11 at night and then have to boat back to camp, in the dark.
You can't see anything ahead of you. We have a spot light but it doesn't really help. Kevin uses the GPS on his fish finder to navigate but I am biting my lip and praying the entire time that we don't run into anything or have engine troubles.
After the second night of night fishing I banned all future night fishing (unless they fished from where we were camped). My nerves just couldn't take it. I know, I'm a party pooper.









