Emmy Update
Hi Grandpa,
Summer is in full swing here. The first few weeks were a little slow because it was rainy and we all stayed inside and watched movies mostly, but now that the weather is warm I am going on all kinds of adventures. Thursday we went ice blocking down Old Main, which is something I have always wanted to try. Its a blast! It had just rained and the grass was still wet, so we were flying down that hill. It was more difficult to stay on the block of ice than you would think, but I got the hang of it eventually. It is also quite the workout, running back up that hill so many times.I went with my roommates Megan and Carly V, and my friends next door, Bryce and Steve.
Friday night we went up Green Canyon and hiked up to this really cool cave and made a fire and roasted marshmallows. Saturday I went to the temple with Ciara and Carly C. After that, me, Megan, Carly V, and Ciara got snow cones from Hokulia Ice (which is definitely the best shaved ice place ever. Although I've never had it in Hawaii :) and then we went and fed the ducks at first dam. We walked to this little hidden park on the other side of the highway that has swings right next to the river and hung out there for awhile. It was so nice just to be outside in the sun. Then we went on campus and played soccer with our friends Zach, Bryce, and Steve. I was goalie at one point and I have THE BIGGEST bruise on my leg from one of the guys trying to score. It is literally the size of a soccer ball complete with marks from the stitching and everything. Good news is I stopped him from scoring though. Gotta take one for the team sometimes. That night we went to a birthday party next door for Zach, then me and Megan went to the dollar theater to see Insurgent.
I have definitely been blessed in the roommate department. I love them and we're already super close. Especially me, Megan, and Carly V. Its going to be such a fun summer.
How are you and Grandma doing? I'm counting down the days until Jackson Hole! Love you!!
Em







