Celebrating Emmy



Happy 19th Birthday to this fabulous daughter of ours!
Did you know?
I always wanted my first child to be a girl.
After about 5 minutes with Jackson I was pretty happy about getting a boy but when Dr. Macy delivered Emmy and said, "It's a cute little girl" (we didn't know what we were having) I was so excited!
I had already decided if I were to have a girl her name would be Emmy Diana.  Emmy after my Grandma Emmy and Diana after my Grandma Dee Dee.  So at  6:31pm on June 18, 1996 I delivered our cute little Emmy.


Last Saturday we took her out for a birthday dinner at Taggarts.
We talked about her first year of college and all that has happened since her 18th birthday.  She's grown up a bunch this past year and it makes us happy that she's so happy and living such a good life.


We also "unpacked" her patriarchal blessing.
We did this with Jackson before he left on his mission and will do it with each of the kids after they've had a chance to study their blessings.
She's had her blessing for several years and has used it as a guide for her life.
We talked specifically about the admonitions, the comfort and validation, and the promises and blessings it contains.  She has so many blessings to look forward to!
Happy Happy Birthday Emmy Lou!

Popular Posts