Showered With Gifts & Advice

This morning our ward, family and friends showered Aubrey with gifts for her kitchen...



Amy (the Cupcake Queen) made her this adorable apron!





Later tonight as Emmy and I were whining about having to shop the Mall for dresses, we pass Motherhood and she says "I can't wait to be pregnant".  She does SO love the babies.



Didn't realize you had your eyes closed Aubs, sorry about that :(.



The ladies on my couch are some of my favorites.
From left to right...Jane is one of the best Primary choristers on the planet, Marilyn is my visiting teacher and has such a great sense of humor, Joyce (who's not looking--sorry about that Joyce) is an extra Grandma to my Janie and Lilly, and Linda is one of the most crafty, talented women I know.  She made the banner below for Aubrey...


And I can't forget my neighbor Marsha.  She's also my visiting teacher and a wonderful friend.  She was a big help today with the shower.



This afternoon Kev and I took Aubrey and Jax to Taggarts for Linner (or Lunner--which ever you prefer) and to give them our wedding gift.  We also gave them some unsolicited marriage advice that they probably didn't need since they are pretty amazing already.  We shared some of our money mistakes and explained that because of those mistakes, should they ever get into money trouble, we will not be able to bail them out.  But, if they go through Financial Peace University and follow Dave's Baby Steps they won't need their parents to bail them out :).
If you are thinking, That is the worst gift ever!, you'll be happy to know they'll also receive a cash gift from us when they graduate from FPU.



Aubrey's first bite ever of Taggart's Carrot Cake.
It did not disappoint.

Popular Posts