Emmy Update
Hi Grandpa,
I thought life would slow down a little bit once school ended, but that hasn't been the case so far. My finals went well. Except microeconomics, but the class average was a 62% so I don't feel bad about it. I still ended up with good grades, and that's all that matters. Friday Jax moved all my stuff to his and Aubrey's new house for the weekend because I couldn't move into my new apartment until Monday. I had to say goodbye to my roommates. Even though we are living together in the fall it was sad. It was especially hard to say goodbye to Gentry because I can't visit her over the summer. It'll be good though. New people means new adventures and I have to get out of my comfort zone a little. At the time of my last letter I didn't know where I was going to live because everywhere I wanted to was full. On Wednesday I got a call that someone had dropped out, and I was next on the waiting list, so luckily I'm not homeless. :)
I am in the same ward and I know a few people so it'll be really fun. The apartment is way bigger than I realized and it's actually pretty nice. I have five roommates again. Four of them were already friends, but they're super nice. The girl who I share a room with was in my ward and institute class last semester. I don't know her well, but she is an accounting major also. I really like the other four. One is from Wyoming, two are from Riverton, and one is from South Carolina. I think we'll get along pretty well. (Of course that's what I thought the last time and two of my roommates moved out. ;)
We went to a Cinco de Mayo party at the A Team house on Tuesday. I'm not one for parties but I made a goal this summer to get out of my shell and go to more social events. It was fun.
I've been working 8-5 this week. Yesterday was Sara's (the girl who I replaced) last day so now I'm on my own and I have to be a big girl. I think I'll be fine though. I've gotten the hang of the job and I really enjoy it. I'll switch off between working 29 and 40 hours every other week so hopefully I'll be able to just make bank and save all my paychecks while I still have relatively few expenses.
I want to hear that story about the cemetery!
How's Grandma doing?
Love you!
Em
1. Me with baby Gracie at Aubrey's shower
2 & 3. New roommates at the party
4. View from my bed.
5. View from my desk at work.
6. Jax setting up Gilmore for us in their new house.
7. Aubrey making bean dip in their new house.
8. The mess of moving me into my new place.









