Tui

This is my cousin Kaj, his wife Nikki and their beautiful 5 kids.


Yesterday their youngest son Tui was taken from them in a tragic accident.
They have been on my mind all day and I get emotional every time I think of the grief and sadness they must be feeling.


Tui and Baby Kevin were born just a month apart.
Tui was born premature and because of serious complications they didn't know if he'd make it.
Kaj and Nikki were able to bring him home about the same time Baby Kevin was born and I remember feeling so grateful little Tui was ok and that our family wasn't losing two babies.
On Mother's Day (the Sunday after Baby Kevin passed away) Kaj and Nikki showed up at our door with a meal, a baby blanket Nikki's mom (who I'd never met) made, and a donation to help with our funeral expenses.  They were barely getting settled with their baby home from the hospital, still on oxygen, and yet they were reaching out to help us.

One thing I've thought a lot about since we had Baby Kevin is that no parent grieving for a child should have the added financial burden of paying for a funeral.  Our family and friends lifted that burden for us and it was such a blessing.  
If you'd like to help the Harding family you can donate HERE.


Popular Posts