Missionary Monday - Thoughts on Ending My Mission
As I reflect back on these last two years of my life the strongest impression that comes to me is an overwhelming sense of gratitude.
I am grateful to my Father in heaven. The next time that he lets me down will be the first. His hand has never been so apparent to me as it has been these last two years. Not only in my life, but in the lives of others as well. On my mission I have come to understand who I am a little better. I am a literal son of a heavenly king. I have a divine potential. I have gained a testimony that He does nothing save it be for the good of His children. He is perfect, His plan is perfect and he loves us, perfectly.
I am grateful for my Savior. Grateful for His atonement. Grateful to have been able to feel and witness the reality and power of His atonement. Serving a mission has been the most humbling thing I have ever done. It has given me a glimpse of how little I really am, but I am okay with that because it has given me a testimony that not in my own strength, but in the strength of the Lord, I can do all things. He lived a perfect life, He paid the price of our sins, He rose from the dead and this is His church.
I am grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. I am grateful for the mighty change that He has made in my heart as well as the hearts of those whom I was teaching. One of my favorite things about the mission is seeing the Holy Ghost work on people as we talk with them and as they keep commitments. I have gained a testimony that the gift of the Holy Ghost is the greatest gift that we can receive here in mortality. He testifies of truth, speaks comfort to the soul and leads us back to the presence of our Father in heaven.
I am grateful for my wonderful family. I was not only born of goodly parents, but the best grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brothers and sisters that anyone could ask for. The mission really gives you a great perspective on life and it has left my vision of the importance of the family crystal clear. I have always loved my family, but the mission has given me a glimpse at how lucky I really am. I have gained a testimony that heaven will be a continuation of the ideal home. I was born into one and now my highest priority will be to create my own.
I would also like to thank all of those who have supported me for these two years, both spiritually and monetarily with prayers, packages, letters, etc.. It might be of interest for you all to know that in these two years I have never gotten sick or hurt myself seriously. Neither have I been without clothing or personal supplies. I couldn't have asked for more. Thank you all for everything.
I am so grateful for this gospel. It is perfect. It is the pathway to perfection. Serving a mission has allowed me to progress in two years what I believe would have taken a few decades otherwise. I can say with out hesitation that serving a mission was the single best decision I have ever made.
Love,
Élder Beck
P.S. I am also grateful that this is the last email I will have to write :) Até mais! Tchau!

