Missionary Monday - Week 4 in Parque Santo Antonio
The transfer was this week and there were six new missionaries that came in. 4 Brazilians, 1 Bolivian and 1 American. AND I GOT THE AMERICAN!! His name is Elder Williams and he is from Oregon. He's not even a "new" missionary either. He served for 13 months in Georgia as a Spanish speaking missionary while he waited for his visa so he already speaks Portuguese really well. My streak of American companions here in Brazil is pretty remarkable. We now only have Americans in our house, which I have never heard of before. Its awesome though.
The crazy part is that Elder Williams got here to Brazil two weeks ago and President had put him with another companion, but then last week when he interviewed him he felt strongly that he should re-transfer him to be with me because he was having a really hard time adjusting to mission life here in Brazil. So at the transfer meeting he hadn't even brought his bags because he had already recieved his trainer and been with him for a week.
In other news, Ademilson's wife Cintia got baptized yesterday!! In one year they can be sealed!! WHOO!! And if that wasn't enough, We found another super elect couple this week! Actually, they found us, thats how you know they are good. It was all pretty miraculous and I will probably write more about them in the weeks to come, but for now I will just say that their names are Bruno and Tatiani. Baptizing couples is definitely one of my favorite thing to do and I'm sure grateful for the opportunities I've been blessed with to be involved with so many.
Élder Beck
Photos 1,2 - It is SO HOT
3 - Our house is gross. I don't know how they got in there, but they've been in there for more than four weeks...




