Grandpa Sollie
Today I am thankful for this Veteran...
My Grandpa Sollie.
He served in the Navy during World War II.
I never got to meet him. He died of a Brain Tumor when my Dad was 9.
My Grandma Emmy would often talk about him with such love and adoration. He was a loyal husband, a good father and a hard worker. He was a postman, a referee, and he loved sports.
He left my grandma and two kids to serve in the Navy. During his service he found his testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and years later he took my Grandma and my Dad and the rest of his children to the Salt Lake Temple to be sealed as a family.
Grandma Emmy was fiercely loyal to him in life and just as loyal to him in death. She joined him about 10 years ago and I have no doubt they are together and happy.
I love them both so much!



