Miss May
Kevin sent me this picture today from his office...
It brought back a bunch of memories!
This is the bulletin board above "Kloe's desk". Kloe has had her very own desk in Kevin's office since she was 5. When she was 5 and Gracie was 2, I would take them into his office with me. We were in there 4 or 5 days a week for about 9 months and then just every once in a while. When Kloe started putting her office together she couldn't read or write much but over the years she learned and even wrote her own list of rules.
These two girls would be in the office with me, sometimes 9 hours a day and they were SO GOOD! I had a lot going on with helping customers and doing the bookkeeping and they just loved playing together. They even took naps. I am so grateful the timing was what it was because a situation like this would have NEVER worked with Lilly :).
First pumpkin pie shake of the season :).
Lilly sees this cookbook and says, "Mom, she looks like Miss May, her hair does". (Miss May is actually Mrs. Nay, Janie's Kindergarten teacher).
Then she asked me what the ladies name was on the cookbook, so I tell her.
Then she asks "Why does she have groceries?"
I say, "Because she makes really good food".
Lilly says, "You don't make good food...it's hard to be mom."
She is so right--about the hard to be mom part.
Speaking of food.
Gracie loves this book series and today she made one of the cupcake recipes out of the book.
Apple Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Almond Icing (the icing was one of Miss May's Liz Edmund's recipes).
They turned out pretty darn great!
Amy Roper, you would be proud!
We also added a little cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg to the batter and orange food coloring to the icing.











