A Beautiful Marriage
This beautiful bride was Aubrey's first companion on her mission.
She married her sweetheart last week in the Manhattan New York Temple. I don't know what the laws are on freedom of speech in their country so I won't be too specific in some of the details but they have such a beautiful story I wanted to share it.
They got engaged before leaving for their missions. He served in the states and she served in Aubrey's mission. She ended up coming to the states several months ago for some medical care and things fell into place for them to be married 9 days after he was released from his mission. This was such a great blessing for them since there is no temple in their country. The closest temple is around 2000 miles away. A temple marriage is different than a civil marriage in that it is not just for this life but it is a marriage covenant between a husband and wife and the Lord that lasts forever.
I was able to help Aubrey's mom in the kitchen at their reception tonight. They had so many people come out to support them! People from Aubrey's parents ward (she's been staying with them while she's been in the States), former mission Elder's and Sisters they served with, and other family and friends.
11 years ago a man from Salt Lake City was working in their country and introduced them to the church. That same man (who now lives back in Salt Lake City--and is in the picture above) was able to go to New York to marry them in the temple. I have no doubt these two are going to do great things in sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in their country.







