Happy 43rd Kever

Today we celebrated the husband.
I have been blessed to be able to celebrate 27 of his 43 birthdays with him!



We decided to spend the day in Malad.



Our first stop was Baby Kevin's grave.


Last July when we were visiting the cemetery I noticed they were expanding it.  Kevin and I started to talk about the possibility of being buried there.  While I was in Malad earlier this month, I checked into the price and availability of burial plots.  They were well within our budget so we decided to pull the trigger.



The husband, picking out his birthday gift :)
Here's a fun fact, I was born in Malad, Idaho and now I'll also be buried there.



This is a fun little drugstore--it might be the only drugstore in Malad.  I remember visiting here when I was little and we'd buy penny candy.  
We stopped to buy some more of this stuff for the winter season...


It's magic!
When any of us get one of those coughs that keep you up at night we just rub Daniel's croup and cold ointment on our feet and then cover them with socks and the cough stops almost immediately.  I can thank Allen Drug for many a good nights sleep.


Of course we had a birthday lunch at the Dude Ranch.  The first thing Lilly says is (out loud for all to hear), "Why does it freakin' stink in here?"  They were cooking onions.



We stopped to see Grandpa and show Kevin the flag.



Uncle Craig painted the "Moon Ranch" sign last weekend.



Janie showing Grandpa her cool Spidy tattoo.





Grandpa imparting some of his wisdom to the birthday boy...



We made a quick detour over to Logan on our way home.
We are making it hard for Emmy to ever feel homesick.



Someone got her first power bill this week, prompting her to shut off the A/C and buy a fan.


Who would have thought buying burial plots would make for a fun birthday?
And by the way, if you'd like to be buried in Malad you'd better get up there and pick your plots.  The prices go up later this year :).


Popular Posts