Assurances - and Pizza and Ice Cream
This morning during our family scripture study we read in Alma chapter 58 how the Nephites had been fighting to preserve their wives, their children, their lands, and their freedom. They hadn't received any supplies or reinforcements for some time and they were watching the Lamanite army grow stronger each day.
They were filled with fear. So what did they do? "Therefore we did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would strengthen us and deliver us and also give us strength that we might retain our cities, and our lands, and our possessions, for the support of our people" vs 10.
So what was the Lord's response to their prayer? "...the Lord our God did visit us with ASSURANCES that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our deliverance in him" vs 11.
We talked about assurances. Gracie gave a good definition, "When we receive comfort from the Lord".
I've thought all day about the assurances the Lord sent me the day I got the call from Fetal Fotos telling me there was a problem with Baby Kevin's face.
Later that day I was looking up a scripture for our family night and as I opened my Bible these verses practically jumped right off the page at me. Mark 5:34 ...Daughter thy faith hath made thee whole, go in peace and vs 36 ...Be not afraid, only BELIEVE. That same day I opened a birthday gift that had been left on my porch. A little beaded bracelet with the word BELIEVE on it. Those little assurances on that day gave me the faith to believe that everything would be alright.
As I've mentioned, the message BELIEVE surfaced many times throughout my pregnancy bringing me assurances that the Lord knew what I was going through. I knew the Lord knew my baby boy, He was in charge, and He would get me and my family through my pregnancy and whatever the outcome.
And He did.
Emmy sent me this picture of her pizza and ice cream celebration with the text "Happy Baby Kevin night".



