Prophets and Pride

Tonight was Family Night with the Becks.
The kids LOVE Sunday dinners, especially with our extended families.


Thank you Lilly, Janie, Gracie, and Kloe for setting the table.
And thank you Rhodes for the delicious EASY rolls.



Aunt Tam taught us about listening to the voice of our prophets.
She also taught the girls how to make a new craft out of yarn and cardboard.


Speaking of listening to a prophet's voice.  I've been listening to THIS prophet's message on pride.  I taught excerpts from it in my Sunday School lesson last Sunday and I learned a few things about pride.  President Ezra Taft Benson said "Pride is a very misunderstood sin...The central feature of pride is enmity--enmity toward God, and enmity toward our fellowmen.  Enmity means 'hatred toward, hostility to, or a state of opposition.'  It is the power by which Satan wishes to reign over us...Our enmity toward God takes on many labels, such as rebellion, hard-heartedness, stiff-neckedness, unrepentant, puffed up (and here's the real kicker) easily offended...
I haven't been able to get the "easily offended" characteristic of pride out of my mind.  I don't think I'm easily offended but I'm definitely easily annoyed with others.  I am thinking that falls into the same family as easily offended.  I need to work on that.

Popular Posts