Missionary Monday - Week 5 in Embu

The weeks are going by fast.

Burn week was a bust. 

I really don't have too much to say, but I guess I can share a cool story from the week. Last week the other Elders brought a lady to church that lives in our part of the area. It wasn't too big of a deal, but we couldn't let them get away with that so one day we were looking for someone from the Area Book but took a wrong turn and found ourselves in their area. Once we realized where we were I said, "Hey, wouldn't it be funny if we found and baptized someone in their area to show them who is the boss?" and three seconds later, I kid you not, a lady yells at us from the second story of a house, "Hey, Elders!". We respond, "How do you know us?". Then she told us that she used to meet with the missionaries two years ago, but they got transferred. So we asked her if she wanted to go to church with us on Sunday and she said yes and gave us her number and Elder Smith and I walked away giggling like little girls. Then Sunday came and she really went! She already knew a few of the ladies in the ward and only had doubts about baptisms for the dead. We had a great lesson with her and that is where we are at now. Her name is Juliana.

(FYI - If I was a sister this would be my last week in the mission.)

Thats all I got.

Élder Beck

Popular Posts