I Hope I'm Like That

I took the girls to visit my Grandma Emmy, Grandpa Sollie, Grandma Dee Dee, Grandpa Tom, and Great Grandma and Grandpa Child's graves this morning.


After sharing some stories about Grandma Emmy and my feelings about her, Kloe says, "I hope I'm like that after I die".  I asked her what she meant and she said, "I hope people talk about me the way you talk about Grandma Emmy".
My Grandma Emmy is one of my greatest heroes.  She was a woman of strength, integrity, virtue and she honored the Lord in the way that she lived.


My Grandma Dee Dee and I always had a special bond.  Although she was actually my Great Aunt, she was a grandma to me and I always felt so lucky to have an "extra" grandma.  I learned so much from both of these women.  I am blessed to be a part of such an incredible family.






Today felt like Summer.
No one is happy about going back to school tomorrow.


Comments

Popular Posts