Missionary Monday - Week 3 in Cocaia

We went to the temple last Tuesday, that was nice. If I forget when I get back, remind me that I want to work in the temple. I understood almost everything in the session so that was nice. The temple is yet another thing I don't think I fully appreciated. We got there a little early so we helped fold stuff in the laundry room and while we were doing that the power went out for a while. Ha. The laundry room is in the basement too, so it was totally dark. If it would have stayed out we wouldn't have been able to get out. Good times.

So on Sunday's we basically have to do a Woody's Roundup to bring people to church. I think that if people don't have enough desire to get up and walk the ten minutes to church themselves they don't have enough desire to be baptized, but at the same time I want as many investigators in church as possible so I still do it. This week no one that we stopped by came and so we were pretty bummed, but then we got to church to find that three of our investigators came on their own. That was a miracle. I'll be honest, I didn't think they had a prayer of going. I think that is a testimony of two things. First, they should have enough desire to go themselves, and second, you can't judge because you never know who has been prepared.

The testimony meeting set a new record for me for length this week. The ward is going to split next week so every single person had to go up there and cry and say how much they love each other.  I have really grown to love church on my mission. Before my mission it was all I could do to stay awake (and I only did that half the time).

Carnival started this week. Its not super bad where we are, but its still pretty embarassing what people do. People passed out in the street, peeing on telephone poles like a dog, and getting in fights. Good 'ol alcohol.

Thanks for the birthday package! I have a reputation around here for having beautiful ties. Also I think I might be starting to miss American food because that chex mix was the most delicious thing ever.

I have a few pictures, but this computers usb doesn't work so we'll have to wait until next week.

Elder Beck

Popular Posts