Missionary Monday - Week 1 in the BNH

So I forgot to tell you last week that Gary and Leah gave talks in sacrament meeting last week. They are making me proud! 

Wellington was baptized!! Whoo! He is the most prepared person I have ever met. Last Monday when we met with him he was on cloud nine because his car broke down, but some random guy stopped and fixed it for him. Wellington thanked him by giving him a Book of Mormon and bearing his testimony! He went on and on about how good it felt and we were just like, yeah, we have two years of that. He will be a leader in the church very soon. Finding him and teaching him was a huge priviledge. It put a lot of things into perspective for me as well. 

I got the honey and bacon package today. It is perfect. I feel a little bad for asking, but I figure I might as well do it before winter gets here. Its starting to get a little colder at night and in the morning and with the tile floors my feet get cold... So if I could ask for some warm mockosins or slippers?... and some more of those nike socks? They are just so great. I know I am socks snob, but when you walk ALL DAY it makes a big difference.

Our new assistant went to East High School. That makes a guy wonder how true the church really is... but other than that I am doing really well. Portuguese is starting to become more of a part of me than it is a secret code that I speak in. Life is good.

Until next week.

Elder Beck

Photo in the house - Wellington, his dad, and his brother (Elvis).
Photo in the church - Wellington, his dad (always an image of joy), and Wellington's good friend who is an intactive member of the church. It sounded like Wellington getting baptized was the kick in the butt he needed to go back to church.



Me in my birthday futbol jersey.


Comments

Popular Posts