Missionary Monday - Week 2 in Cocaia

Greetings,

So I turned 20 this week. That was weird. As with other holidays down here I had pretty much zero expectations for my birthday, but it was actually really good. The zone had a training in the morning and they made breakfast, which was really ironic because that is how we celebrate birthdays at home. It was only pancakes, but it was the best breakfast I've had since I've gotten to Brazil. Unfortunately I think it will still be another year until I can have bacon and hashbrowns for breakfast. Other than that it was pretty much a normal day. The biggest gift for me is that time is passing so fast.

We had feijoada last week, which is like the preferred meal of everyone here, but I have to say that I though it was super discusting. It just seemed like black beans and every part of a cow except the part you want to eat. So far it is really the only thing I don't like. It's just really weird to me that everyone here loves it.

So I think about my time in Michigan a lot. Probably more that I should. But as I've pondered over the last year of my life I am just so grateful for the circumstances of events that have occured this last year. They have been super crazy and random, but they were all exactly what was best for me and I don't know what I would be with out them. 

So to try and apply everything I've learned me and Elder Knechtel are trying tons of new things. He is tired of being a robot and we really have nothing to lose here opening an area so I am excited to see what we come up with. As missionaries we like to talk about how we are like the great missionaries of the Book of Mormon and the Bible, but to me I can't imagine Ammon or Paul going around systematically inviting peole to church like we do. I feel like we have a lot more power than we use or even recognize and that has led me to think a lot about the gifts of the spirit. For me at least, I feel like I am not taking advantage of them. If any of you have any input it would be appreciated.

Also, I forgot to mention last week that I got Tami's calender. It's sweet as always, thanks :)

Thanks for everything. Love you all.

Elder Beck




Comments

Popular Posts