Family a Date and a Dance

Happy Month of Love!

(Cute Calendar courtesy of Aunt Tami)



I've been thinking a lot lately about my religion.
 (I think I make it pretty clear that I am a "Mormon", a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.)  
I absolutely love my religion!  
It defines who I am, what I believe, and how I live my life as a woman, a wife, a mother and daughter of God.
Throughout this month of love I'd like to share with you one thing each day that I love about my religion.


I love that one of the main focuses of the Mormon (LDS) church is to build strong Families.

Have you noticed that the Old Testament, the New Testament, and The Book of Mormon all begin with the story of a family?
In the Old Testament we learn of Adam and Eve, the first family on this earth.  In the New Testament we learn about Christ and his birth into an earthly family.  And then in the Book of Mormon we learn about Lehi and Sariah and their family.  I have learned so much as I've studied the examples of these families.  

I love this quote by President Hinckley:
If you want to reform a nation, you begin with families, with parents who teach their children principles and values that are positive and affirmative and will lead them to worthwhile endeavors.  That is the basic failure that has taken place in America.  And we are making a tremendous effort to bring about greater solidarity in families.  Parents have no greater responsibility in this world than the bringing up of their children in the right way, and they will have no greater satisfaction as the years pass than to see those children grow in integrity and honesty and make something of their lives..."


(another picture from Emmy for her vision board)



Tonight was Janie's turn for date night with Mom and Dad!  
She even got a make over from Kloe for the big night!



Kloe is in the learning stages of basketball.
Her dad LOVES the game of basketball!  He spent some time this afternoon giving her a few pointers.



We LOVE this girl!
She is our little sweetheart.   
She picked grilled cheese (dipped in mushroom bisque soup--so good!), fruit, 2 bags of soup crackers (her favorite part of the meal), root beer, and 2 chocolate covered strawberries.


We asked her what her favorite part of being 5 was.
She said "home school".  And she also told us why she loves Spidy (mostly it's those webs he makes) and she just found out this week that Spidy has his very own spidycycle!



Yogurt picks--Lemon, Strawberry and Peanut Butter :)



Emmy also had a date.
The Sweethearts Dance was tonight.


But first they went to see the ice castle in Midway.


And then she took her friend Connor to the dance.


And yes, she did finally find a dress!

Popular Posts