Missionary Monday - Week 7 in Noronha

Hey! I just talked to you guys a few days ago so there is not too much to report, but I'll see what I can mustard up. Mustard? Edit that if thats not how you say it. You know what I mean.

On Saturday we got a new fridge and it was the most beautiful Brazilian fridge I have ever seen. We bareley got it into the house and we were giddy about how sweet it was the whole day. Its the little things on a mission. But then while we were at lunch the delivery company called and said that they delivered the wrong fridge and needed to switch it. We were on the other side of town when they called and I guess they were in a hurry so they came and picked Elder Russell and I up at the members house. There wasn't enough room in the cab for both of us and we can't separate so the two of us rode in the back of the moving truck back to the house. It was pretty fun. And a little scary. And super hot in there. We still have a new fridge, but its about half the size as the first one.

Remember Marcos Antonio? I baptized him with Renato. He got the Aaronic priesthood last week and then this week passed me the sacrament. That made me really happy.

The girl in the photo is Julia. She is 14 years old. We found her, her two brothers, and dad (who all are named Antonio ha ha.), but she was the only one that stuck it out. She made a lot of friends with the girls in the ward. The youth in the ward are great. I think I told you about them on Christmas, but they are a model of how member missionary work should be. 

Thats it for now. Happy New Year.

Elder Beck

pic 1 - Self explanitory.
pic 2 - Pipas! (Kites)


Comments

Popular Posts