I Lost It

Last week I lost it with my children.
By Friday I was ready to send them all back to school.
I realized Sunday that we'd taken the week off from our morning family prayer and scripture study.  
Yesterday I apologized for losing it and calling them a bad name and told them our Christmas vacation from family scriptures and prayer was over.


They weren't happy about getting up at 7:30 on their day off but they did it (check out Emmy sleeping).  When we finished The Book of Mormon a few months ago we decided to approach it differently when we started over.  Each of us got a new Book of Mormon and highlight only the parts that reference Jesus Christ.  I have loved reading it this way.  Did you know a reference to Jesus Christ is mentioned on average every 1.8 verses?


It's a reminder that Christ is in the details, guiding his prophets and his people.  He knows us, he's concerned for us and he atoned for all our sins.  He'll bless and help us every day if we'll let him.
Today was a MUCH better day and I was happy to have my children home.  If your home or your life isn't as peaceful as you'd like it to be, read The Book of Mormon.  It will help.  I promise.



Aunt Tami and Uncle Stevie gave Gracie a Rainbow Loom for Christmas.  Tami thought it was so cool she got one too.  These two have been obsessed with making bracelets--in all different shapes and sizes.


Comments

Anonymous said…
WE all get that way Becky don't feel bad! I to got that way about 2 days after Christmas was over and the NEWNESS of the gifts had slipped threw our hands...like you said in your very 1st letter to me * Praying and reading the Bible and Book of Mormon gives me the guidance for my family* ( not 100% quote but close)

lovingly Leah

Popular Posts