Vanilla Beans & 2 Boys


Today was going to be a slow non-eventful day full of housework, a little reading, grocery shopping, and taking care of my babies...


Instead we ended up introducing Marci (remember Mommy Marci) to the junk store.  We had high hopes of finding her some vanilla beans but we were out of luck.  It was risky taking Lilly along.  Janie found her the candy bracelet which bought us some quiet time and I found her some cute little boy binkys that got her to stop yelling I WANT MY BINKY!  


At about 2:30 I got a call from DCFS asking if we would consider taking a placement.  To make a short story even shorter, by 7pm we had 2 extra kids.  They are brothers, 7 and 21 months.  At this point we aren't sure if we'll have them a couple of days or several months.  The few hours all the kids were together they played great so that made us happy.  It can't be easy for the boys to be in a new place with strangers.  We'll just take it an hour at a time :).

Popular Posts