Missionary Monday - Week 14 in Marshall

I don't have a whole lot to say today, but I will share a funny story and a thought.

On Friday our heater radiator sprung a leak (not gonna tell you how it happened) and was spraying water everywhere. After a few minutes we contained the leak so that it wasn't getting on the carpet and called the maintenance guy. About ten minutes later the guy rolls in and he's drunk! Ha ha. He was so funny! He was cursing up a storm until he found out we were missionaries and then went on about his religious opinions. We talked for quite a while and had him take home a Restoration DVD to watch when he's sober. Ha ha. So we taught a lesson after 10 p.m., in our apartment, to a drunk guy. By definition that is a pretty big no-no, but we felt alright about it.

I've been thinking a lot about what it means to be changed by your mission because I think that is one of the main purposes of a mission. I think to be changed by your mission is to have the desire to do missionary work for the rest of your life. I think you could be 100 percent invested in your mission, but if those are the only two years of missionary work in your life you missed the point. Kinda like when the apostles went back to fishing after Jesus was crucified. They worked really hard while they were with Jesus, but after he left they kinda just went back to who they were before and Jesus had to come back from the dead to chew them out. Now I don't really know how missionaries did it before Preach My Gospel so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. But if you were a Preach My Gospel missionary and now you are returned home and haven't given the missionaries in your area a referral, I'm going to have to say you are a bum. And if I come home and don't give the missionaries referrals, I will be a bum. Missionaries shouldn't need to bug us about referrals. We should be self motivated. Especially RMs.

Well, that's all I got. Gary brought his daughter to church, that made me proud. She is in her 20's. We have a few leads, but we have mostly just been doing a lot of finding this week. Let me know if there is anything you would like to know more about, I'd be glad to tell you.

Could I request "A Marvelous Work and a Wonder", "Articles of Faith", and the jacket Aubrey gave me, please?

Have a good week.

Elder Beck

Comments

Popular Posts