Missionary Monday

I was pretty proud of myself for the "Dad, I'm at the police station and I need your help" line. I would have talked longer, but the lady at the window was sporting an attitude. I had to get fingerprinted to resubmit the police clearance form. I have no idea what that means for me leaving. I'm tired of the whole mess.

(Jackson called out of the blue last week to get his social security number to put on some paperwork--paperwork we already filled out 10 months ago :)--for his visa)

On Tuesday we were in Albion and felt like (or was prompted to) walking because it was a nice day. We got out of the car and walked halfway down the street when a lady stops us and asks if we are from the church of the Latter Day Saints. She said she used to go to church in Ohio and really liked it, but didn't know how to find it in Michigan. She said she has just been waiting for missionaries to come to Albion. We are teaching her now and I'm not sure how accountable she is yet, but it did build my testimony of God preparing people. Last month Elder Farris and I had knocked the same street we found her on. When Brother Young was praying to know if he should join the church his answer was, "I don't know when I can send them again". Which I think is pretty accurate in the way God prepares people. 

Mils gave us a ton of sweaters this week. We forgot to take a picture, but they are pretty sweet. My favorite is a turquoise v-neck (Definitely not conservative). It makes me think I want to wear more pastels when I get home. I don't know why he feels the need to give us stuff, but he is starting to soften up to the church so we will keep taking it.

We've been teaching a guy named Gary who is a retired police officer and teaches karate. I don't know if I've mentioned him before, but he is the one that had the near death experience and was technically dead. He has been on fire lately. He read the Teachings of the Prophets: Joseph Smith in a month and the Gospel Principles manual in a week. He came to church for the first time yesterday and knew everything there was to know about the Priesthood in our gospel principles class. It will be a shame if he doesn't get baptized. We've also been going to his studio to practice our karate kid moves. 

The Branch came out with their new mission plan yesterday. They are super motivated. Hopefully we see some fruits from that.

Transfer Calls are this Friday and we will probably lose Elder Tu'ua. I suppose anything could happen, but that is what our money is on.

I really need to figure out how to get more time on the computer.

Talk to you next week.

1 - Jake the Racoon.



2 - Brother Ruz works at Kellogg's and they gave us some food.





Popular Posts