Missionary Monday--on Tuesday

This week has been one of the best yet. Elder Finlayson is awesome. We have a good time together. He is from Idaho Falls.

I hate on door knocking pretty hard, so in order to make that okay I have had to find other ways to get things done. Dad told me that resorting to door knocking is a lack of problem solving and I've thought about that a lot. So I have been working my butt off to find contacts through members. Because I can't drive I always have the phone, so over the last 7 weeks I have been making a million phone calls trying to keep in constant contact with investigators (because if you leave them alone for two seconds satan freaking gets them.) and coordinating appointments so that we can have members present and get them involved. I do my best to be friendly with everyone and charming when necessary. I make sure to be organized for Branch council and teach solid lessons in church. It's exausting. BUT ITS WORKING! When I first got here we were lucky to get three meals a week. - We are getting fed every day this week. When I first got here we only got a few members present for lessons. - We are pushing double digits a week now. When I got here we got no referrals. - We've gotten five the past two days. The members will call us randomly to either shoot the breeze, ask to have us over, or talk about missionary work. I am not trying to brag. In fact, I struggle with what to write because I don't want to be prideful or talk bad about people, but this is whats happening with me. I am just thrilled about not door knocking and having twice the success. 

We only had one investigator at church, which was a major disappointment, but once everyone started bearing their testimonies I saw that our investigators not coming might have been divine intervention. It was freaking embarrassing. I guess one sister had a lesson she really liked about celestial marriage. They compared marriages to plastic forks, every-day forks, and Sterling silver forks. She gushed for 10 minutes about her husband and then went on and on about how glad she was she didn't have a "plastic fork" marriage. And then a few other ladies got up and did the same thing. Well guess what?! Most of our investigators have "plastic or everyday forks" (not to mention half the branch does too) and they would have been SO offended if they had been there for that. I don't know what happened. Last month the testimonies were so good. I almost got up and rebuked them, but then thought against that. 

They asked us to teach Elder's quorum again. Only two hours of notice this time though. It went really well though. We talked about some missionary tactics. I slipped my rebuke about the testimonies in then when I was explaining that some times we (Mormons) come off prideful because we act like we have all the answers (and we do have a lot) but in doing that sometimes it puts other religions down.  Like saying how glad you are that you don't have a crappy plastic fork like the rest of the world!! Can you tell I'm a little hot about that? I know you are just glad you got sealed in the temple, but that's not a testimony!

I'm running out of time so I am going to sum the rest up real quick.

I finished the B.O.M. backwards this morning. I went backwards chapter by chapter. Murray Dailey has a baptismal interview this saturday and a date for the 14th. Buddy is close. Warren only has Chastity left. One member has a pet raccoon.

Love you, bye




Popular Posts