Missionary Monday - 8th Week in Marshall


I got driving privileges!! I feel like a man again. I don't even know how to describe how this week was. We door knocked for one hour the entire week so that already makes it the best week yet. Elder Finlayson is like the first companion I've had that I would want to hang out with at home. We have way too much fun. It makes it hard to be obedient. I don't have the largest testimony of obedience (I still try my best to do it though), because Elder Farris was SUPER obedient and has had basically zero success in 14 months. I just haven't found the right balance of obedience and enjoying my time, but enjoying myself has been winning lately. So I guess that means I'm due for a chastening.

Murray passed his interview Saturday and he will be baptized this Saturday. His wife got baptized in March and now we are closing him. As a bonus they have a 9 year old daughter that will be baptized by him two weeks later and because she is 9 she needs the missionary discussions so it counts for us. Her name is Nikita. 

We saw Mils again this week. That guy is so cool. He gets it too. I think he is just conflicted and as soon as he is willing to act on an answer he will get one. He has an on going yard sale because he is remodeling and has a lot of crap he is trying to get rid of. He gives us anything we show interest in and he gave me a pretty sweet chess set (and tons more gum). Getting free stuff is a pretty sweet perk about a mission that no one told me about. Anyways, I was swinging one of the golf clubs he had out and he asked if I played and I said "not well" and then he wanted to see me hit one so we went into his backyard and teed one up and hit it into the trees. I smashed the first one and was feeling pretty good about myself, but then chunked the second. Should have left on a high note. Which is actually a tactic I've been implementing in lessons lately so they feel the difference in the spirit when we are there and when we are not. But back to Mils, he said he wants to take us out golfing on a P day some time so I'm looking forward to that.

We taught Warren the Law of Chastity with the Branch President this week. I have been dreading doing that, but it actually went as well as it could have. They want to be married and are being more proactive about it than I thought they'd be. I don't know if they'll get married before I leave, but it was encouraging.

That might be all I have this week. I didn't take as good notes throughout the week on what to write about as I usually do. I'll try and repent of that next week. Have a great week.

Elder Beck



Chillin with the Ruz dog



Being apostate with Bro Ruz



We met with a lady who has an Alpaca Farm!  She says I haven't lived until I've worn Alpaca socks haha.






Popular Posts