Headed Home and a Few Fun Facts

Been missing these two this week!  When I first started planning the trip earlier this year I consulted the teenagers about going and they weren't into it so we left them home.


Thanks Mama Linda and Papa Dave for feeding and keeping track of them :).  They were thrilled to have the house to themselves and I'm pretty sure I missed them more than they missed us :).



I thought I'd share a few of the more boring details of the trip...


I found these little ears for $2. on an Etsy website.  They had several colors to choose from.  I assumed for 2 bucks they probably wouldn't hold up so I bought 2. They were actually pretty sturdy and we are going home with both pair.  I paid about $7. for both with shipping.



The kids love to get all the character's autographs but a week or two later the books are forgotten and recycled so rather than spending 20 bucks for a soon to be recycled book I spend $1 at the dollar store and throw in a pack of 5 princess pens for a buck too.



I found these Minnie iron-ons on another Etsy site.  They came with the bows and I rounded up some white shirts.  I think I paid $20. with shipping.


A few years ago we made these shirts with iron-ons.  There are TONS of options with the iron-ons and it's fun to make your own unique shirts!



I got Lilly and Janie's outfits from the www.apocketfullofsunshineboutique.com.  Lilly is actually wearing what was supposed to be Janie's outfit.  She saw Janie's and had to have the polka dot skirt.  Janie didn't care so we made the switch.  



This is our favorite place to stay...


It is literally right across the street from the park so there's no hassling with parking or shuttles.  It's also pretty affordable, especially if you book early and go during off peak times.




The ride home wasn't too painful.  10 hours in the car is rough for the 2 year old...


and the Daddy.



Glow sticks made for a nice distraction.  I only had 1 pack of 5.  Should've brought more.  They were a hit!

It's back to real life this coming week...

-A trip to the dentist
-A birthday for the husband 
-Register the suburban
-Visiting Teaching
-Loads of make-up homework for the girls
-A birthday party for Kloe
-Hopefully time for the series finale of Burn Notice :) (I don't know why but I have a thing for cheesy actors like Michael Weston and Horatio Caine)
-Institute class
-Woman's Conference
-Date night 

Life is good :)



Popular Posts