42



This guy turned 42 today!  For his birthday cake (which Janie informed me wasn't a cake at all but rather a PIE) I made him one of those cheesecakes from a box mix.  It was one of the first desserts I ever made for him when we were newlyweds and he loved it!  And he's still loving it!  Over his 2nd birthday dinner of Dutch babies, hashbrowns, bacon, and sausage, (minus Dakota) we talked about our first date which was the day after Kevin's 16th birthday.  The kids wanted ALL the details so I pulled out our journals (Kev actually kept a journal--not to be confused with his fishing journal--for a few days of his high school career).  I was embarrassingly forward and kissed him the night of our first date.  He didn't hate it and I couldn't help myself!  He took me to a cabin in the mountains for a steak dinner, then to the homecoming dance, and he looked and smelled so good!  Kevin showed me a chart he made in his journal of our first 35 kisses.  He had an abbreviation and rating system for the type and quality of every kiss.  We had a good laugh over that one!  
 


Just enjoying a bowl of sugar for breakfast.  I decided to implement a new system for breakfast a few months ago.  On even days the kids can eat sugared cereal and on odd days they have to have oatmeal or a cereal with 6 or less grams of sugar.  It's worked out pretty well.


Nap:30pm.  Love that Lilly's wearing Janie's shoes and they're on the wrong feet :)!

Comments

Becky I love the every other day on sugar cereal. Great compromise! So cute about the journal and quality of kisses :)

Popular Posts