A Fever, Potty Training and a Visit


This poor baby has been so sick the last few days.  She gets these fevers out of no where and they stick around for a few days and then she pulls out of it and is fine.  
I think this is our 5th round this year.  She turned the corner today and was feeling good enough for a couple of curlers and to "go to church".


We worked on potty training tonight.  
Hard core.  
She sat on that thing for a couple of hours and I sat right there with her.  
This girl can hold it!  
She is so ready to potty train but is such a stubborn little stinker.  
She tells me every time she goes #1 or #2 and then asks to be changed. 
The other day she was running around.  Stopped and stood right in front of me, messed her pants and said, "Ew Gross".  
Lovely.  
I am so way too old for this.


You'd think after 18 years of potty training I'd have tried and true tips and tricks.
Sadly, I do not.
Every kid has been different with what does and doesn't work
For Jackson, it was written affirmations we'd say together...
I am a big boy who goes potty in the potty
I wear big boy underwear
For Emmy it was bribing her with Land Before Time videos.
I don't get it, I practically potty trained myself at 18 months old.
Here's a book, Oh Crap Potty Training, recommended by one of my favorite mamas that might help.
And this Munchkin Sturdy Potty Training Seat is money!! So slick and more portable than the froggy potty.


Janie had a surprise visit from Kam and Korby tonight.  She was one happy girl!  They played outside 'til almost 10 and she was so annoyed when I made her come in.  Meanest mom ever!

Popular Posts