Missionary Monday - Update From Your Favorite Child
Hey,
The note ables this week? Conference of course. It was pretty good I guess. It just seemed like a number of the talks didn't apply very much because we are being held to the highest laws already, but I did enjoy all of the study time in between. I bought Jesus the Christ the Friday before and I'm way into that. I wish all the time I could talk with dad about it, because there are a number of thoughts I'd like to bounce off of him. On Tuesday Elder Lund, former 70, spoke and put on a clinic about personal revelation. I think the whole world should have had the opportunity to hear it. Then I got to host the new missionaries on Wednesday. It was a lot better being on this end of it. I hosted three and they were all going stateside. They were all like, "Oh Brazil! That's so cool, I'm only going to Indiana, or whatever". So I told them that it doesn't matter and that their mission was going to be just as great. Then I had breakfast in the temple today and it did not disappoint. I got a Belgium waffle, hash browns, and the guy gave me like 6 pieces of bacon. Get this. They don't serve bacon in the MTC. It makes a guy wonder how true the church really is.
I don't think I've told you that on our floor in the residence it is our district and then Polynesians. They barely speak English and are way good singers and they've become pretty comfortable with us so they just come chill in our room every night. It livens things up.
I should get my reassignment next week so I'm looking forward to that.
Anyways, thanks for everything! Till next week! (Unless you earn a personal letter before then :))
Pic #1 - The elder next to me in priesthood session had his notes sitting on the chair next to me. I snapped a pic when he wasn't looking. He obviously had a great grasp of the gospel.
The note ables this week? Conference of course. It was pretty good I guess. It just seemed like a number of the talks didn't apply very much because we are being held to the highest laws already, but I did enjoy all of the study time in between. I bought Jesus the Christ the Friday before and I'm way into that. I wish all the time I could talk with dad about it, because there are a number of thoughts I'd like to bounce off of him. On Tuesday Elder Lund, former 70, spoke and put on a clinic about personal revelation. I think the whole world should have had the opportunity to hear it. Then I got to host the new missionaries on Wednesday. It was a lot better being on this end of it. I hosted three and they were all going stateside. They were all like, "Oh Brazil! That's so cool, I'm only going to Indiana, or whatever". So I told them that it doesn't matter and that their mission was going to be just as great. Then I had breakfast in the temple today and it did not disappoint. I got a Belgium waffle, hash browns, and the guy gave me like 6 pieces of bacon. Get this. They don't serve bacon in the MTC. It makes a guy wonder how true the church really is.
I don't think I've told you that on our floor in the residence it is our district and then Polynesians. They barely speak English and are way good singers and they've become pretty comfortable with us so they just come chill in our room every night. It livens things up.
I should get my reassignment next week so I'm looking forward to that.
Anyways, thanks for everything! Till next week! (Unless you earn a personal letter before then :))
Pic #1 - The elder next to me in priesthood session had his notes sitting on the chair next to me. I snapped a pic when he wasn't looking. He obviously had a great grasp of the gospel.
Pic #2 - Ran into Ryan on the way home from the temple today.
Ryan is a family friend who went to Mongolia on his mission and now teaches Mongolian at the MTC. I actually got this picture via text message from Ryan a couple of hours before we got Jackson's letter. It was such a fun unexpected surprise! Ryan said Jackson is doing great and looked really happy. I just want to hug him! It's felt like Jax has just been away at college until the past few days. It's now settling in that I won't see him for 23 more months. That's a lot of months.

