Woman's Day!


Our morning started with well checks and immunizations for Kloe and Lilly.


Lilly was the cutest little stink and SO cooperative.  She watched the nurse check Kloe and then she wanted her to check her too.


The babies usually sit on my lap for a lot of the exam but Lilly wanted to be checked up on the table just like Kloe.


She did pout for just a few seconds over one thing or another.





When we got home Janie had dressed herself!
She makes a cute snowman doesn't she :)



The rest of the morning and afternoon was spent with Kloe celebrating Woman's Day!!!
(By the way, I am blogging about this with Kloe's permission)
Kevin and I both give our kids the "Birds and the Bees talk" but before that I give my girls the "Woman's Day Talk".  I explain all the "girl" stuff and I really try to emphasize what a great thing it is to become a woman and be able to some day when they find the right man, get married, and then have babies and become a mother.

I was 9 when my mom gave me the girl talk and the birds and the bees talk.  My cousin had filled me in on a few of the birds and bees details but I was confused and needed clarification on some things so I went to my mom with questions--one of them being What is skinny dipping?  I still remember the look on her face and then her sitting me down in the Mothers Room (which was actually the Laundry room but that's what we called it) and laying it ALL out for me.  I was shocked and mortified, to say the least, and my cousin had NOT given me accurate birds and bees information.
We didn't speak of any of it again until one summer day.  I was 11 1/2, babysitting the neighbors kids when my Woman's Day came.  I was shocked and mortified and then all that information my mom had given me came rushing back and I realized what was happening.  The rest of the day I spent upset and crying.  I thought my life was over.




Years and years ago I saw a Cosby show (Kevin says everything you need to know about parenting you can learn from Cliff and Claire Huxtable) where one of the girls got their Woman's Day.  Claire handled it fabulously!  She got so excited for Vanessa (I think it was Vanessa) and they celebrated!  So that's what we do.  We celebrate!  My girls know they get a day out with mom when they get their Woman's Day--lunch, movie, pedicures, ice cream!  So I think they kind of look forward to it, despite the fact that there is plenty about Woman's Day not to get excited about.
We had such a fun day!  It was also nice that Emmy could encourage her and get excited for her too.  2 down, 3 more to go.


Comments

standtallnow said…
Ummmmm... I might miss my Lilly and Janie girls already!!! I LOVE that you celebrate Woman's Day. My woman's day came while in the fourth grade at school in white shorts. It was an epic fail!!!!!!
Jenny said…
LOVE this idea!!

Popular Posts