Bargains


Spent the afternoon bonding with Gracie at the Junk store.
A few of our best bargains today were:
12 oz Peanut M&M's $1.50 a bag
12 oz Pretzel M&M's $1. a bag (Estabon's favorite)
Pkg of 16 Maple Syrup Sausage Links $1.50
6 pack of Peach Applesauce 50 cents
Tortilla Chips 25 cents a bag
Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts $1.25 a pound
4 pack Yogurt 50 cents 


Tonight was the last of our 8 foster parent classes.
We missed the 3rd class so we'll make that one up next month.  Kev and I have learned a lot.  We've certainly had our eyes opened to what these kids go through who are placed in foster care.  I was under the assumption that they would be relieved to be placed with a family that was a safer environment for them but that just isn't the case.  One case worker told us of the 100's of children she's had to remove from their homes, only 3 have been glad to leave.
These kids often blame themselves for what is happening and they grieve the loss of their family, no matter how bad their circumstances might have been.  Often their actions are misdiagnosed as various behavior disorders when really they are grieving and trying to make sense of what is happening in their life.
We've also been impressed with some of the caseworkers we've met.  They really care about the kids, the families--both the biological families and the foster families.



Comments

I experienced the "junk store" this month with Kimi and got some of those same deals.. I wish I would have been able to go sooner, I'm addicted now!! :) .... and can I just say how much I love and admire you, I had no idea you were taking foster parent classes (I'm not suprised one bit though). You and Kevin are amazing and we love you and your family to pieces!! (your such great examples to us)

Popular Posts