Getting Ready


Busy busy Saturday!
Ran some errands, took Estabon to his cousin's house, attended a funeral, went to a movie with Natalie and Emmy, picked up 21 dozen rolls (for pulled pork sandwiches) from Costco, and then headed home to finish getting things ready for tomorrow.


This whole missionary "farewell" thing is all new to me.  I have no idea what to expect for the gathering after. My friend Shelley who's pretty much an expert on these matters called me this morning and gave me some ideas to help it run smoothly.  She mentioned things that hadn't even crossed my mind.  Natalie has also been a big help--she's pretty much a professional entertainer.  She saw my sad collection of serving dishes and was wishing she'd brought her fabulous collection with her.



Everyone keeps asking if Jackson is nervous.
The answer is yes but I think his Dad is even more nervous.  It's his turn to conduct and he gets nervous about it on a regular Sunday.  Having all our friends and family there just adds to his anxiety.  I have no doubt they'll both do great!  And I am SO GLAD they don't have the mothers speak at these things any more!




Comments

Popular Posts