Brazilian Food


To celebrate Jackson's 19th birthday (tomorrow) we took him for Brazilian food.
He loved it!
He's hoping he'll have 2 years worth of meals like this.


We also "unpacked" his Patriarchal Blessing.
This was an idea I got from my friend Daryl Hoole.  She and her husband Hank do this with their grand kids and we thought it was such a great idea that we decided to do it with our kids and someday our grand kids too.  We folded a piece of paper into 4 sections and labeled them "Promises and Blessings", "Admonitions" (things that you can do), "Warnings", and "Comfort and Validation" (who you are and things you're grateful for).  We went through Jackson's blessing line by line, talking about it and categorizing each part of his blessing.  I was reminded of how our Heavenly Father sees Jackson, how much he loves him and all the blessings he has to look forward to in his life.



The girls had a great afternoon with Papa Dave and Mama Linda.
Janie and Grandpa made snow flakes.



Dear Steven,
Thank you for introducing me to the Magic Eraser last year.
I have removed crayon, pen and some marker from my walls (the marker it wouldn't remove I just moved some furniture against that wall so it's as if it never happened).
It has shined up the husband's boat and my baseboards have never looked better!
Next week I'm trying out Mr. Clean and his Magic Eraser in the shower :)

Popular Posts