The Month to be Extra Thankful!

 
The month of gratitude is here--30 days to be EXTRA thankful!
I love November and refuse to let Christmas overshadow it!
 
 
Today I am grateful for the nice boy who took my daughter on her first date last night! 
(Not to be confused with the dirt bag young man who asked her out several weeks ago, then asked if they could postpone the date a week, and then never contacted her again)
Emmy had the best time!  It was a perfect first date and worth the wait!  I tried to get her to take a picture for me but she wouldn't do it.




In other news...we received a message from our Bishop that Jackson's Mission call had been extended and he thought it might come in the mail today.  So I did what any dedicated mother would do and camped out at my friend Debbie's house around the corner since Shirley, our mail lady, comes to her house around 11:30.  Shirley doesn't get to our house until about 3:30.
 


The neighbors across the street, Alan and Judy helped keep a look out for Shirley too.  My neighbors are the best!  We finally spotted her down the street talking to Marilyn (Shirley always stops to talk to Marilyn and give her dog a squeeze and a treat).  We walked down to meet her, I wanted to run but I didn't want to look too eager.  I told Judy and Alan if they heard a scream they would know we had the call...but there was no scream :(  maybe next week.
 
 

Popular Posts