Sisters and the Chef

 
Today I am thankful for sisters!
 

This sister had a birthday this week so we went out last night to celebrate!  
Me and Kimmy had the best time...talked a lot about our kids, especially her Kaitlynn and my Kloe.  They are best friends/cousins and so cute!  We laughed and we cried, that's what sisters do.




Loved catching up with this sister today!  We filled each other in on our Thanksgivings, Tricia gave me a tour of the cute updates she's done to her house, and she told me about her new hobby/job.  She's joined some sort of neighborhood co-op where she sells stuff she doesn't need anymore.  Pretty soon she may have nothing left in her house.  She's also thinking she might start scavenging the neighborhood on Monday's (Monday's are put any junk you want on the curb for the garbage man day) and picking up her neighbor's junk treasures to re-sell along with her own stuff.  I asked her what she was doing with all her money she's been making.  She told me she's been buying other people's stuff.  I laughed and laughed!
 



 
Those little green guys with me are Janie's Stompies.  She was so excited to show them to her Aunt Tricia!





This daughter (who is SO lucky to have 4 sisters herself, she just doesn't know it yet) made the family a delicious dinner tonight.  She tried out a couple of new recipes and the entire family loved her garlic brown sugar chicken so much that we named it "Emmy's Chicken" in her honor.
 


Kloe asked if she could have a night to cook too so she gets Mondays starting next week.  After working in the kitchen for two hours Emmy thanked me for making dinner for her every night and apologized for not helping more :)  I told her "Emmy, homemaking isn't for sissies!"



She also told me how much she loves to cook and how therapeutic it is for her and how she's going to make a husband real happy one day :)
 
 


Popular Posts