My Favorite Family Tradition

 
Fun Fact #7
 
 
The husband and I set a goal when we were first married to serve at least one mission together. 
We have the goal to be financially ready to serve by the time we're 55 and so far we're pretty much on track.  I hope we'll have the health and means to do it--although at 55 we'll still have a couple of teenagers at home so we may be closer to 60 before we can go.



We had the best conference weekend!  It was fun to be surrounded by our kids and so great to be able to listen to our prophet and church leaders.  I realized today that this is our last conference together as a family.  We may all be together again in a few years, but maybe not given our kids are growing up and moving out.  This is my very favorite family tradition.  It's been fun to watch even the little ones get excited for General Conference.  I will admit, it's a lot of work for the mother and it wasn't until just a few years ago that I decided to put in the extra effort to make this tradition happen.  But it's definitely worth it and the family memories are priceless!


 
During the afternoon sessions we have our "pretzel time" (We always make a special trip to Cabella's for their pretzels :).  The kids pick a word at the beginning of each talk and then every time the speaker says that word Dad throws everyone a pretzel--except today he let Jackson be the pretzel man.  The two favorite words producing the most pretzels were "learn" and "faith". 


 
We finished the night at Mama Jan and Papa Tom's for dessert.  This would be Maxzilla helping with Lilly.  He was hauling her around yelling, "Where's Lilly's mom? Where's Lilly's mom?"  Max has 3 brothers and I think he'd really like a sister :)
 
 
 


Popular Posts