Almost a First Date

 
I had to go in to the office for a few hours today so I took Kloe with me.  While I worked on my Sunday school lesson I could hear Kloe in the other room singing Knee Deep and Love Story.  She's pretty cute.
 

 
Tonight was supposed to be Emmy's FIRST date!  I think she thought the minute she turned 16 the phone would start ringing, but it didn't. She's a girl who is driven, has very high standards, knows who she is and where she's going.  Honestly, I think the boys are a little afraid of her :). 
She was excited to finally enter the world of dating--and it was with such a nice boy too.  She found out Wednesday he had to cancel for tonight and she's been sad about it ever since.





So I planned a mommy-daughter date in the basement complete with steak (Em loves steak) 2 sides of mashed potatoes, 8 Texas Roadhouse rolls (who doesn't love Texas Roadhouse rolls?) and a box of sherbet ice cream.  We ate and ate and ate and watched The Sum of All Fears.  I hope she felt better and I have no doubt she has plenty of dates ahead of her.
 
 


Comments

standtallnow said…
You are THE best mom. I mean that. The best in every single way.
Josh and Juli said…
I agree! Your kids are so lucky to have such a thoughtful, fun, amazing mom. And I am sure the boys are afraid of a gorgeous, driven, goal-oriented girl. She's got high standards and it will be worth it when a guy can meet her there!

Popular Posts