The Best is Yet to Come


I guess you could say we took Jackson back home today...he was born in the Logan Regional Hospital and his first home was in the Married Housing on the USU Campus!


Kevin and Jax were best buddies from day one!
Kevin couldn't wait to have kids (which is why Jackson came along when we had only been married 11 months).  We opted not to find out whether we were having a girl or a boy and when Jax came out a boy Kevin was SO excited to have a son!



Jackson has also attended Utah State University--with his mother.  I was pregnant at the time and he and I had a great time student teaching together.


Jackson's new home.

I KIT most of the day.  In fact this morning I was even feeling excited for him and he seemed to be a little excited too.  I kept thinking all morning about my experience going to college for the first time.  I was SO excited to go and the transition wasn't hard at all.  I was sad to be leaving Kevin but he was going on his mission in a few weeks so I was glad to be starting a new adventure.
FYI--these were the same 2 suit cases Kevin used for 2 years when he was on his mission.

This would be his little hole, I mean room.  Kevin said it reminded him a lot of the MTC.  Speaking of the MTC, if Jackson had a choice he'd rather be headed out on his mission right now.  But he doesn't turn 19 until February so he'll have to wait.  Kevin keeps telling me what a help the experience of going away to school will be for Jax when he does go on his mission, and it will be.


I didn't cry until after I hugged him goodbye.
As we drove away I looked at the clock and realized it was 6:30 and what was I thinking, leaving him right at dinner time!  So we went back and took him to dinner and then dropped him back off at 8.

I felt terrible leaving him in his apartment all by himself.  His roommate was moved in but hadn't been there all day.  Jax doesn't know anyone up there.  I know he'll make friends, hopefully life-long friends like I did at college.  And it isn't the first time he's gone to a new school by himself.  He went to Kindergarten in a school outside of our neighborhood and didn't know anyone.  He had friends right away.  The kids just loved Jackson!  And it was the same thing when we moved here and then when he went outside our school boundaries to Highland HS.  Jackson has always been so quiet but the kids just gravitate to him and love to be around him.  I keep telling myself that college will be the same way.  But tonight he's alone and it breaks my heart.  I did find out that after we left he sent a text to his friend Daniel, "My parents just left and I have no friends.  Come visit me."  Daniel probably thought he was joking, but he wasn't :).
I told Jackson he should start reading the family blog now that he's away.  So Jax if you're reading this, I love you, I'm so proud of you, hang in there, good luck Monday with your first day of college, and the best is yet to come!

Popular Posts