A Rocking Chair

I'm leaving the husband and taking the children later this week to the family cabin (except for Emmy who will be in California with the Granite Youth Symphony and Jackson who is an adult now and has to work).  So tonight was date night. 
 We went shopping for one of these...



And then we donated it here...



Darren and the McDougal Mortuary took such good care of Baby Kevin and my cousin's son Ryan.




"In Loving Memory of
Kevin David Beck Jr. & Ryan Stanley Lott
Donated By The Beck And Lott Families"


I regret not doing a few things the day Baby Kevin was born. 
One was that I didn't rock him.  There aren't many things better than rocking our babies.  Then at the mortuary when I got to hold and dress him I was wishing they had a rocking chair so I could rock him there.  We, along with my cousin Mike's family donated this rocker to McDougal Mortuary with the hope that other mothers and family members will find comfort in being able to rock their little ones who have passed.




Comments

Beautiful. Tears. I love you.
Natalie said…
I LoveThat Other Families Will Be Given That Sweet Moment To Rock Their Babies Because Of You And Catherine and Your Families. It Will Be Such A Tender Mercy For Them. Your Babies will continue to bless the lives of many.
Josh and Juli said…
That is such a beautiful idea. You are amazing.
What a great idea Becky, I love it! Darren was so great I'm so glad he could help you both out in your time of need.

Popular Posts