29 Week Dr Visit

Here is my 29 week belly, my very comfortable black skirt (yay for skirt weather!), my sun deprived legs, and I'm not sure why I have that disturbing look on my face.
(picture courtesy of Janie)

My doctor appointment went well. I really really like Dr. Byrne. Baby Kevin's heartbeat was strong and I seem to be measuring a little small but that is normal for the position the baby was in (sideways). We scheduled an ultrasound for my 32 week visit. We also discussed needing to decide on a plan for how to proceed when the baby is born. We can send baby Kevin straight to the NICU or we can have him evaluated right there in the delivery room. We can wait to do any evaluating and just keep him with us. We can wait until he's born to decide how to proceed--depending upon whether he's crying and active or quiet and weak. Dr. Byrne said when she sees him she'll have a pretty good idea whether or not he actually has Trisomy 13 and that will dictate how we proceed as well. I'm not sure if I've clarified that although there are several "markers" on the ultrasounds that point toward Trisomy 13, until the baby is born we won't know for sure. For now I'm leaning towards waiting until little Kevin is born and then make decisions based on how he's looking and acting but I don't want to decide anything until after we see the ultrasound.

The best toys aren't toys....


Miss Lilly sporting her first little pony tail :)


Comments

Meggara said…
i'm glad everything looked good with the baby! and your other two babies are looking way to grown up right now. lilly's hair! these pictures are killing me.

Popular Posts