Sounds of the Subway

As I was preparing for my lesson this week I remembered something I forgot to mention in my Boston posts. When we would ride the subway there were almost always musicians performing...a man playing a harmonica, another man playing the guitar and singing, a woman playing a harp, etc. I couldn't tell you what specific song any of them were playing. We usually only had a minute or two wait for the subway except for one time on Monday. I think we waited about 10 minutes and all the while there was this man playing a Mandolin (I think). He was playing hymns and it was so beautiful. I can't remember the first song he played but the second song was "Be Still My Soul".

I was grateful for the wait and could have listened to him play all day. It was like a little slice of heaven right there in the subway :)

And here we are, riding the subway...
I didn't get any pictures of the musicians but Megan took a picture of this guy on the street playing a variety of plastic buckets...
Janie is currently obsessed with popcorn. She can put down an entire bag all by herself.

Today she was nice enough to share with Lilly--Lilly loves popcorn too!



Comments

Popular Posts