A Note, A Dr. Appt and A Shower

I had this little love note from Emmy waiting for me this morning...

So glad someone in this family has it under control!


In case you are wondering, there is no fast way to get to the "U" during rush hour. I found it amusing that I ended up behind the "Fast Movers" truck--it was going a whopping 40 miles an hour on the freeway.


I survived the glucose test. Nothing like 50 grams of sugar in a nasty lemon-lime drink to start my morning.

I brought this little book along to pass the time while I waited (thanks to my mother-in-law for loaning it to me--FYI I'll be buying you a new copy since this once had a little incident with a banana). I love Emily Freeman. If you haven't read any of her books you should! I went into this Dr appointment feeling anxious and uneasy and after reading a few pages in this book I was able to leave the appointment feeling at peace.
This visit actually felt mostly "normal". I am measuring normal for 26 weeks. The baby's heartbeat sounds normal. The Dr did say that after my next ultrasound we'll need to make a post-birth plan for how we'll want to proceed once the baby is born--not exactly normal procedure but I'll deal with those choices after we have the ultrasound.

I spent part of the rest of the day getting ready for my friend Sarah's baby shower!
Sarah is also having a boy--her first! She has 3 adorable little girls.
And how cute is that little gift from our neighbor Teena!

Last year Sarah threw a shower for me and Candice so we were excited to be able to give her one before Candice moves to Israel in a few days.

Popular Posts