Preparing

9am: Lilly takes a dip in the kitchen sink. Janie had already showered this morning but couldn't resist a little dip herself.

I got a call from my Dad today. He had information on the details of possible burial sites for our little one. I asked him a few weeks ago to check in to the cemetery where he and my mom will be buried. He outlined what he'd found out and then offered to take me there if I'd like to pick out something specific. Despite the fact that the Dr's have made it pretty clear that they don't believe there's any chance our baby could live, I just can't imagine losing him, at least not right away. I'm not in denial or anything. I understand our odds but I also know anything can happen with God in charge. I also am a firm believer in the scripture verse, "If ye are prepared ye shall not fear" so I feel like I should do what I can now to prepare to bury little Kevin. The last thing I want to do is have to make decisions like this right after I deliver. If I at least know a few things ahead of time then hopefully a couple of phone calls will be all that's needed. I won't be doing anything permanent for now. I can't even go look at the cemetery. In fact my mom offered to make the rest of the calls for me if I'd just give her a list of questions and I'm taking her up on that.
Thankfully the "burial" issue was only a small part of my day. My friend Marci (who's been my best friend since the 4th grade :) called to tell me about some ladies she had visited with that day. Both have children with special needs and both had incredible stories. One of the children was a miracle baby who beat all the odds and is now a teenager. I'm learning more and more about the special--perfect spirits of these children who come to earth with imperfect little bodies and minds. What incredible gifts they are to their families and friends. I feel more and more grateful and humbled to be the mother of one of them.

Comments

Popular Posts