Permission to Slow Down

I am quickly realizing that--whether I like it or not, I'm going to have a whole lot of emotions to deal with. It doesn't matter how much I understand the bigger picture, I am still human and it's going to be hard for a while--whether I like it or not.
So I've given myself permission to be sad. Permission to slow down. And permission to cry if I need to. As much as I'd like to pretend everything is fine I know things aren't fine. As much as I'd like to put this chapter behind me as quickly as possible I know I have to go through it.
So today, besides going to the bank and the grocery store, fixing meals and taking care of my little ones, I slowed down and spent most of the day watching movies and just hanging out with the family.
Gracie has been asking me to make pigs in a blanket for weeks so I finally gave in to her request...
Let's be honest, who doesn't love pigs in a blanket?
Actually, Emmy doesn't. She threw up after eating hotdogs when she was little and still has a hard time eating them. Apparently Kloe doesn't either. She came in to me at about midnight so apologetic for not making it to the toilet and puking on the floor next to her bed. She said she could taste those little hotdogs the whole way up :(

Popular Posts