Off My Game

What a day today has been! I thought I was doing pretty well--up at 6:15 with the family for scriptures and prayer, lunches made by 7:15, showered and ready by 8am. I figured just those few things alone made for a successful day. The girls and I took a nap at 10:30 (I'm learning it's never to early for a nap :). I had an appointment at noon and an orthodontist appointment for Dakota and I at 3:30--which I was planning on but somehow managed to completely forget about until 3:35 when we raced across town getting there a half hour late. They were nice enough to still see Dakota but I get to go back next week.
I seriously have felt like I've been in a fog all day. I was making the kids dinner and while trying to strain the spaghetti managed to dump all of it down the sink.
Don't worry. No one is starving in this house...

I surprised even myself by not saying one bad word--I just refilled the pot and made another batch.

At some point during the day Kevin came to me and said, "I know what I'm going to pray for, I'm going to pray that the baby will be strong enough to be born alive, if it's not in the cards that's okay but I'd just really like to be able to talk to him." One of the first things Kevin does when our babies are born and crying from the shock of coming into this new world, is get right down to their little faces and talk softly to them. They quiet right down when they hear his voice and it's the sweetest thing to watch. I want that for him too and if I'm being honest I want it for me. I'd just like to meet him, and hold him and rock him, even if it's only for a few minutes.

Our day ended with date night. Emmy had a short performance with the Granite Symphony so we watched that and then invited Emmy along on our date to dinner.
We talked about high school, her music, and as usual she endured lots of teasing from her dad. He kept joking that it had been a lot of years since we gave her "the talk" and we should probably have a refresher course. She wasn't interested.
Love this sweet beautiful girl who is growing up way too fast!
The evening would have been perfect except I left 2 of my chocolate covered strawberries sitting on the table :(

Popular Posts