Why I Love Emmy

A few months ago Dad signed Emmy up for Trek (against her will). She wasn't thrilled about going but she accepted it...until the night before she left. She made herself sick with worry--throwing up, a headache, etc. We told her to buck up, she was going. The next morning she sat by my bed trying to convince me to let her stay home. I told her to buck up, she was going. About 30 minutes later Kevin went to talk to her and in that time she'd had a miraculous recovery. She was in good spirits and seemed happy about going.

I had several leaders tell me what a big help she was, how she never complained, and was a lot of fun to have around...
When she got home I asked her what changed...why she went so quickly from being upset, to happy about going...
She simply said, "I changed my attitude".

Then she showed me this quote in her journal:
"I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand to run, (Emmy Beck) will run that errand for Him" --Thomas S. Monson
I'm pretty sure my kids teach me so much more than I teach them.


Comments

Meggara said…
Hey emmy really is my niece! that story sounded exactly the same as mine so many years ago. and this story in matthew 21 always reminds me of myself and now my sweet little emmy,
" 28¶But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go awork to day in my vineyard.

29He answered and said, aI will not: but afterward he repented, and went.

30And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and awent bnot.

31Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you."

haha love her! sorry we took her and almost didn't bring her back yesterday.

Popular Posts