Coming Home and Crying...

Miss Lilly in her going home outfit

I was more than ready to leave the hospital.
With all my babies I have a "hormonal" day a few days after they are born.
I can't complain because I know a lot of women struggle with post-partum baby blues and for me it only lasts about 24 hours.
Today was the day and the last place I wanted to be was in the hospital.

It's crazy how many emotions I feel at one time after having a baby.
Joy
Gratitude
Relief
Adrenaline
(probably doesn't count as an emotion but I totally feel it)
Exhaustion
(both physical and mental)
And a little Sad--that's weird right?
I always go through a little mourning phase once the baby is delivered. As great as it is to have them here--I still feel a little sad about not having them inside me. I love feeling them move and having that little life inside me.

The kids did a great job taking care of everything and a big shout out to Emmy who took charge and made sure I came home to a clean house!

Popular Posts